The Great American Beer Festival (GABF) is largest commercial beer competition in the world and a symbol of brewing excellence, presented by the Brewers Association. These breweries include:
- Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids
- Oktoberfest – American Amber Lager
- Porter – Robust Porter
- Silver Harbor Brewing Co., St. Joseph
- Grandma’s Favorite Recipe – Fruit Wheat Beer
- Stormcloud Brewing Co., Frankfort
- 228 Tripel – Belgian-Style Abbey Ale
- Perrin Brewing Co., Comstock Park
- No Rules – Field Beer
- Territorial Brewing Co., Springfield
- Berry, Berry, Quite Contrary – American-Style Fruit Beer
The Great American Beer Festival is the biggest of all U.S. beer festivals, offering the largest collection of U.S. beer ever assembled. The judging panel awards gold, silver or bronze medals that are recognized around the world as symbols of brewing excellence. These awards are among the most coveted in the industry and heralded by the winning brewers in their national advertising. Medal distinctions are as follows:
- GOLD: A world-class beer that accurately exemplifies the specified style, displaying the proper balance of taste, aroma and appearance.
- SILVER: An excellent beer that may vary slightly from style parameters while maintaining close adherence to the style and displaying excellent taste, aroma and appearance.
- BRONZE: A fine example of the style that may vary slightly from style parameters and/or have minor deviations in taste, aroma or appearance.
Judges for the 34th edition of the competition evaluated 8,806 entries from 1,7i20 breweries from all 50 states plus Washington, D.C. Socially distanced judging took place in 35 sessions over 18 days, with strict safety measures in place.